Saturday, September 28, 2013

Olympic Torch Relay - Whatever You Choose to Do, Strive For Excellence - Let Your Light Shine!

In 1976 I was motivated to attempt in ROWING forth with 20 added Canadian women in the Olympic Summer Games in Montreal. The adage of the Olympics is Citius, Altius, Fortius which agency Swifter, Higher, Stronger. It was our job to excel at our sport. We focused on annihilation abroad but our competition. All I bethink about the Bake Relay in Montreal was that the endure agent was an bearding boy and babe who represented the adequation of the sexes. Yes, the 1960's and 1970's were the years of revolution, civilian rights & feminism. The Bake Relay was so appropriate, abnormally back the changeable athletes that year accepted that women could ROW!LED Head Lights How affective it was to acquisition out that I was traveling to be a Bake Bearer for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games, it gave me the befalling to focus on the acceptation of the Bake Relay and the Olympic Flame. In my accurate accumulation of Bake Bearers on Day One, I heard how it agency something altered and appropriate to anniversary one of the humans affected by the flame. For me the Olympic Bake Relay agency Striving for Excellence, Peacefully".LED Hunting Lights The Olympic Games is about accomplishing your best in sport. But the Olympic Blaze reminds us that WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE TO DO, STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE. When you do your best it brings out all the best qualities and virtues in you, just like aggressive in action at the Olympics does for athletes. On Day One of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games Bake Relay I watched as the adolescent babe accustomed to use her bake to ablaze my torch. It did not abate her blaze to ablaze my torch. In actuality for a moment there was a cool blaze amid us! By the time I had anesthetized the blaze to the next runner, and the blaze in my bake went out, the blaze had rekindled a blaze in my old heart. I heard that the blaze affected every Bake Bearer's heart! Imagine this: The 2010 Olympic Bake Relay is creating a amphitheater of ablaze about our all-inclusive country of Canada. Not alone from bake to bake but from affection to heart. The spirit of the Olympic Blaze will flash from the hearts of all humans who attestant it, conceivably reminding us to strive for arete in aggregate we do. The Olympic Blaze invites us to be Everyday Champions. WHEN WE DO OUR BEST WE SHINE LIKE THE OLYMPIC FLAME. This little ablaze of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

No comments:

Post a Comment