Sunday, October 6, 2013

Family Life - In My Parents' House - In Mine

Seldom was there accord at my Parents' House. Admitting the 18-carat adulation amid them, I grew up witnessing Father and Mother oftentimes heatedly arguing their aberrant angle about a lot of everything. Father was acutely philosophical. Mother was focussed aloft circadian existence. Father died at 48 from his continued Ashmatic affliction in his self-exile abroad from home. Mother died at 84 of Old Age in our Family Abode she struggled to body -despite her bare Government Salary Pay. As the Eldest in a growing-up Sibling Brood-of-7, I had bound that I would breeding a Family Life of Adulation - and of Peace.
Given our Christ-centered Commitment to a Lifetime-of-Marriage (despite our own set of differences), my Wife & I are abutting our 41st Wedding Anniversary - appear December 31, 2007. We accept 3 developed Sons (each with their own absolute lives) - and 2 admirable Grand Daughters. Against all added claims to our time, my Wife & I attending advanced to Sunday Banquet at home for our accepted 2-hr Family Re-union. As I adore arena with my youngest 1-yr old Grand Daughter, I hardly partake of the animated conversations amid Mother & Sons - with their corresponding Wife and Girl Friends. Eversince Mother & Sons acquisition my Choice-of-Topics as "too abundant and serious", I hardly allocution during Banquet Time - but artlessly eat. If I get to talk, I commonly do it - One-on-One.
Three (3) Sundays ago, I had a absinthian Exchange-of-Words with my Youngest Son. Mid-morning that day, I absent my atmosphere (and shouted at the top of my voice) if I saw him advanced of his contrary accompany arrogant my 3-Sons-owned 11-seat Internet Cafe amid in the frontyard of our Marikina Family Home. Consequence to our altercation, he absitively to abutting boutique indefinitely - starting that day. Afterwards Banquet that night, my Youngest Son larboard our Marikina Family Home to allotment address with his Eldest Brother blockage at my backward Mother's abode in Quezon City - afterwards all, it would be nearer his Makati Workplace. It afflicted me to see my Youngest Son leave. And that night, my Wife & I absent sleep. She was address tears all night. And I was arrant in blackout - aggravating to bolt beddy-bye in addition room. Not absent to apart a Son (although hard-to-teach about Business), I beatific him this Text Message: "I'm sorry, I apologize. Love...Dad". I accustomed no reply. Nevertheless afterwards 1 anniversary passed, if I saw him home 2 Sunday Mornings ago, I bound approached him and accepted him tightly. I could say no words. But he said: "It's OK Dad". Later that day, he told me that he would wish to re-open the Shop. And I answered back: "It's all up to you. To abstain a echo of my affecting outburst, it's all up to you 3 Brothers to yield abounding albatross - from actuality onwards."
For added reasons, we did not accept yesterday's Family Re-union for the accepted Sunday Dinner. But I was blessed to see my Youngest Son accept his banquet at home again. Driving him ashamed to the Jeepneyline for his acknowledgment to my backward Mother's House, I told him that I would wish him to alpha paying me P1K/week as acquittal of my amount of (P28K) of my aboriginal Desk Top which he has been application as his LAN-connected Internet Cafe's Server. He was taken aback. He declares that the Internet Cafe could not yet allow my "Demand". I told him that it would alone be able to altercate my "Demand" with his 2 added Brothers. Am I arena hard? No. I adulation all my Sons so dearly that I accede it a have to for me to advise them to admit the amount of "True Cost". I will not accompany up this affair afresh soon. But I would anticipate developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment