Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Difference Between Shoot Through Umbrella And Reflective Umbrella

Before affairs my aboriginal flat lighting kit I was application my Nikon SB-800 Beam and a shoot through awning for "studio like" portraits. This is absolutely simple bureaucracy and in a lot of cases you get abundant results. What I like in this affectionate of lighting is that you get absolutely nice bendable ablaze and actual adorable searching portraits.
When I bought my flat lighting kit the aboriginal affair I approved was a attempt with one strobe and just one cogitating umbrella. To be honest, I anticipation that now, with so abundant added able strobe I'll get bigger results. However, the ablaze was not bigger - I could see that it was a bit harder and I got a little bit added "dramatic" portraits compared to the portraits taken with the shoot through umbrella. I talked with a acquaintance of abundance and he explained me why this happens. With a shoot through awning you point your ablaze to the accountable and usually your ablaze antecedent is abundant afterpiece to the subject. This makes the ablaze antecedent almost big to the accountable and appropriately you get nice bendable light. On the added hand, if you use cogitating awning your ablaze antecedent is far from the accountable and so it is almost small. This is why you get harsher light. Also the appearance of the awning is actual important. In the aboriginal case if you use shoot through awning the ablaze from the beam spreads added analogously to the subject, admitting with cogitating awning the ablaze is added concentrated into one point.
In accepted it is important to apperceive how the ablaze modifiers affect the superior of light. It is up to you to adjudge what affectionate awning you wish to use. I alone adopt bendable light, and so I use shoot through awning or softbox sometimes. But in some cases, if I wish added affecting look, I use cogitating umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment