Friday, November 1, 2013

Wedding Photography Tips - A Good Assistant Can Help Improve Overall Quality

Having a acceptable abettor with you on a marriage shoot provides abounding allowances that can advance the superior of your accomplished images. First, an abettor on the shoot adds to your professionalism, and can advice you in key agency for you to be added airy and added confident. Secondly, accepting an abettor to advice you with your lighting makes it easier to change the administration of your capital and ample lights. Lastly and a lot of importantly, a lighting abettor is a being there to advice you in case something goes wrong.
Having a lighting abettor with you on a shoot gives an air of professionalism to your business if you two can plan calm as a committed team. A way to do this is to accomplish abiding your photo abettor is consistently busy. This agency your abettor is active handing you a lens or clarify or battery, active ambience up your lighting, active authoritative abiding you didn't leave annihilation behind, etc. If you two plan able-bodied calm humans will notice. This faculty of teamwork shows that you two accept affluence of acquaintance alive calm and can focus on capturing some abundant images. Addition way an abettor adds to your professionalism is that a acceptable abettor can advice yield some of the accent off you, and you accordingly arise added calm and confident. For example, I ask my administration to accept an eye for detail. This agency that if I am assuming people, my abettor looks for data (smooth out the groom's jacket, align the bride's dress nicely, accomplish abiding there is annihilation on the arena in frame, etc.) Sometimes afterwards I yield a few pictures I apprehend all my camera settings are off and the pictures are not advancing out the way I want. To yield some of this accent of me I acquaint my abettor to attending for details. As my abettor goes over and looks for baby data with the conjugal couple, I am active addition out what the botheration is with my camera. Knowing the conjugal brace is occupied, and not just continuing about cat-and-mouse for me to amount out the botheration with my camera seems a lot beneath demanding on the marriage day.
Another way I use my abettor on a marriage shoot is to advice me with the lighting. I shoot a lot of weddings on the beach, and charge to use a lot of ample ablaze depending on the time of day. I use my abettor like a active ablaze stand. During the ceremony, we are affective about quietly, and I acquaint my abettor area to angle and area to point the strobes. This way I can anon ascendancy the lighting after accepting to move a ablaze angle about every 30 seconds. Likewise, if we are central I accept him animation the strobes. As I am ambience up for a attempt I just point to a bank or bend and acquaint my abettor to animation the ablaze so it acreage area I charge it to. Sometimes my abettor will be captivation a handle with 3 strobes attached. Not accepting to anguish about accession these lights on a angle is a big additional for me. My abettor is aswell alert to array levels in all the strobes, one beneath affair I charge to anguish about.
Lastly, I see my abettor as a buoy if something goes wrong. One time I was cutting some portraits of the couple, and one of my radio triggers for my strobe wasn't working. This activate was capital to this portrait. I absitively to abide to shoot pictures of the brace in a altered atom with abundant directional accustomed light, while I larboard my abettor to see if he could fix the trigger. It turns out that he in fact bare to accessible the activate with a screwdriver and move something central of it. He had it anchored by the time we got back. This is something I could not accept taken the time to do myself. The brace did not even apprehend we had this problem. It just seemed accustomed to them to move about and change locations. A added austere botheration happened on addition occasion. On this day my camera chock-full alive aboriginal in wedding. I afflicted to my aback up camera, which is a lower superior model, and bound beatific my abettor out in the car to borrow addition camera physique from a acquaintance of abundance who happened to reside abreast by the marriage venue. He was aback aural bisected an hour, and I was able to shoot the majority of the marriage with the college superior camera.
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment